http://faithfuldevotionamovie.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 14, 2015

What's in a poem?

Hello Dear Readers,

What's in a poem, but imagination; words expressed from the level of soul. Poems are often based on true life experiences. However the poem I share with you here, suggests a memory of the past ... Although it could be pure imagination. 


Book: Faithful Devotion by Lisa M. Smith

Poems by my Beloved, A. Louis (Pete) Smith, Jr.

FEMME DES FLEURS

If I were a king,
And you my slave,
 I'd give up my palace
For a dismal cave.

I would adore you,
And you'd love me,
If you weren't a lady - san merci .

Tho' who am I to ask for your love,
A knight on a charger,
A demi-God from above?

Tho' you couldn't love me 
If I were King.
Your mind's too selfish to hear
Your heart sing.

You incarcerate devotion
With your lovely smile,
So pure when born - and now so vile.
You are like a flower
In a quaint summer garden.

Tho' is smiles at everyone,
It's smile will soon harden.
Tho' it refuses to relinquish its smile,
In vain,
Its petals soon fall and, are drowned
In rain.

It fertilizes the earth
To bear a new beauty,
And is soon forgotten
As it fulfills its duty.
For faithful devotion can only endure,
And you'll never possess it, Femme des fleurs.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment