http://faithfuldevotionamovie.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Last Dance, Last Chance

"Last dance, yes it's my last chance for love. I need you, by me, beside me, to guide me. To hold me, to scold me, 'cause when I'm bad, I'm so so bad!" Last Dance - Donna Summers, 1978.

This disco hit of the late '70's was a favorite of mine and Pete's for dancing. Pete loved it, because it started out slowly, then suddenly turn into that great disco beat, and we'd spin right into our "Push - Pull," Mambo routine.

One night we were at our favorite place in Orlando for dining and dancing, The 94th Aero Squadrom, Pete was wearing a nice dark blue suit and tie, I was wearing his favorite "spaghetti straps" danceskin bodysuit and wrap around skirt, also dark blue. My high heels were about 5" and were "glass." Yes, I wore glass high heal shoes with silver straps. It was actually a hard plastic I guess, but they looked like glass.

On this night, the DJ started out with Last Dance, and I was rearin to go. After stumbling around with the slow part of the song, as I anticipated the beginning of the fast tempo, I started tapping my foot to the silent beat, as the song pauses just before the tempo picks up. This seemed to get attention, and I can remember hearing some laughter and snickers from the crowd, and I smiled, but I was intently looking at Peter, waiting for that timing to turn into our Push - Pull routine.

It was great fun in the ole' disco days!

No comments:

Post a Comment